Monday 26 January 2015

The perfect tapas


As I am taking my sentimental journey to Andalusia on this blog, I have to take a short break and expand on something tasty.

Speaking honestly about Spanish cuisine, it doesn’t impress me much. Of course there are few exceptions, but when I think about all the ingredients that are available in Spain (fresh seafood, fruits, vegetables)  I have a strong feeling that it is not good enough. It is probably caused by approach to food, completely different in Poland and Spain. In our country we pay a greater attention to cooking, serving, flavoring… in Spain food seems to be only an addition to a meeting, without importance. When you are in Spain for a few days it is ok, you can enjoy something different. But when I stayed for almost half a year I really miss polish food.
Positive product of spanish approach to food are tapas, understood as all the types of appetizers served in bars.It originally comes from Andalusia and appears in a wide variety of forms. During my stay I had the opportunity to find a perfect one. And I did J

Salmorejo can be decribed as a pur̩e consisting of tomato, bread, garlic, oil and vinegar. It has a taste close to gazpacho, but it is more creamier and thicker(because of breed). It is usually served with great Serrano ham and hard-boiled eggs. It tastes great, it is refreshing Рperfect addition to spanish climate.
I was lucky because Salmorejo, comes from my spanish “hometown” – Cordoba, so I could find the best one. Funny thing that I found it two hundred kilometres away –in Nuevo Restaurante, Granada. I also did it on my own in Poland and it was really good – it is not difficult but you got to have a very good ingredients!


It was a short, culinary break…hope you enjoyed the read!






No comments:

Post a Comment