Tuesday 27 January 2015

I NEED SOME SUN !

Ok, I have to postpone writing about my Cordoba once again. Let’s say that today I have something else on my mind. This time I will not tell you about a place that I have seen…it will be about a destination that is on the first place on my wish list, Cuba.

Sometimes I wonder why Cuba is so magnetic to me and what edge does it have over the rest of the world. I think that the mix of tropical climate, uncommon atmosphere, difficult history and people make this place absolutely unique. Of course It depends on preferences, but for me there is nothing more I could ask for.
Cuba is the biggest island in the Caribbean Sea. It has tropical climate with warm waters and one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. When Columbus landed on the island in 1492 he described the it as ’the most beautiful that human eyes have ever seen’…I think we can take it for granted The most popular seaside resort is probably Varadero , where you can find everything mentioned above.







Cuba is of course more than tropical climate. Difficult history of the island includes spanish colonisation and rule, slavery of Africans, fake independence “granted” by U.S government and real revolución conducted by Fidel Castro that totally changed everything. It helped to develop a unique landscape with sugar plantations and colonial houses, culture of music and dancing influenced by latin and African rythms, old Cadillacs left by americans, legend of brave Che Guevara and Ernest Hemingway drinking mojito in his favourite bar in Hawana – El Floridita.










As I love travelling and photography, I hope that sooner than later I will have a chance to see it by my own eyes. I hope that someday I will go to club in Hawana, hear original Cuban band and watch normal people there dancing with a lot of passion. But I have to do it in a hurry, because recently US decided to renew diplomatic relations with Cuba. It is only a first step and it will take a while, but eventually, the original, romantic, unique climate of the island will catch up to global standards. And I am not interested in visiting McDonalds in Hawana, so…time to plan the trip and make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment