Monday 1 June 2015

Movie Chef (2009)

I am not the biggest fan of a cinema, nor a critic, but from time to time I like to watch something. What type of films I like? For sure many of Woody Allen's recent movies – I like the way he shows different cultures and beautiful cities while telling the interesting story to spectator. But as I said, I am not a regular cinemagoer, I don’t do a research before watching a film, so my every time I go to a cinema it is a bit of a gamble – sometimes it pays off, sometimes not.  So, when I went to watch Chef with my friend I really didn’t have any expectations.  Two hours later I was starvy as a wolf J

Chef(2014)it is a story of a – guess who  – a chef with enormous passion to cooking. One day, he lost his job and then his journey begins. The film is about cooking, travelling and about – as my blog title says – doing small things with great love. It is also a story about amazing relationship between father and son. The storyline is funny, not in the way you laugh all the time, but it keeps the viewer in the good mood. I would also add the music as a big advantage with something which has a special significance for me – Cuban rythms in the sun of Florida J But the best thing about the movie is the food and how preparing of it is shown – absolutely delicious!


To sum up, I will recommend this movie to everyone. It is not the masterpiece of cinema in any way but it gives a viewer a great entertainment and it stimulates many senses. But remember my warning: do not watch it hungry, cause you may not finish it! J



No comments:

Post a Comment