Tuesday 29 December 2015

Skiing

Hello all!

Few days ago, just after the Christmas I went with my family to the famous Polish ski resort – Zieleniec. After this short trip, when I was on my road back home I breathed a sigh of relief.  I guess right now you are thinking that I hate skiing – and you got it wrong. Actually It’s exactly opposite: I love it! So what’s the matter?

As I said before, I love skiing – same as my father. Since I was a child we travelled to many Polish and European ski resorts and I have a lot of fun while doing it. But 4 years ago, I had an accident on ski slope – I had a collision with other person(on a side note: this was his faul…) and I injured my knee pretty badly. It took me 4 years to try again – Zieleniec was my first ski experience since then.  Just before I tried I was really, really stressed . The biggest doubt on my mind was whether my knee is ok, but I was also worried that I forgot how to ski! Luckily, it is like riding a bike – once you learned it, you can do it even after longer break. Of course, getting back to your best can take a little longer…

But I made it, I overcome my fear and I can move ahead – in the middle of January I will do the skiing in Val di Sole!


One last thing about Zieleniec. It is a great place to ski and I totally recommend it…and I claim it despite the fact that the snow was missing. It was rather a mud or an ice skiing but…still a lot of fun! J



No comments:

Post a Comment