Wednesday 20 January 2016

Folgarida - Val di Sole

We reached our aim after 14 hours of journey. I cannot describe this feeling when I got the first breath of the alpine air… That’s I needed! This alpine air, rest, and skiing. At the beginning I was afraid that there isn’t any snow in Italy, because during the journey on the highway the sun was shining and it was warm. However, we saw the powder snow in Val di Sole which made us very happy.

At the tops of the mountains we can see temperatures dropping to lower than -14 C., so from time to time we sit in some mountain huts where we can warm up and drink something good :).

The ski slopes are wide, and the most important, everyone will be satisfied because they are well poised. Most of the ski slopes are red, which I really like, blue for beginners and black for those who like a fairly risky driving  (e.g. me) :) . As I mentioned before, in Val di Sole there are up to 188 km of ski slopes, so every day we are in a different place and we can admire the beautiful scenery.

Ahhh… And the last thing. Here is a really delicious Italian pizza. Yummy!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment