Saturday 7 February 2015

Cream of broccoli soup

When two years ago I met my boyfriend (today fiancé J ), I wanted to surprise him with my culinary skills ;). The Valentine's Day was just around the corner, so I decided to prepare a romantic dinner consisting of three courses. I was thinking for a long time, what would satisfy my beloved. In the first instance I did a cream of broccoli soup and today I would like to focus on it. In the Internet you can find many recipes for this soup, but today I’m gonna give you one I used that day. It is very tasty and filling.

If you do not know yet, broccoli is very valuable!
This vegetable is a valuable source of vitamin C - this plant is abundant in mineral salts such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, sulfur, potassium and vitamins (includes A, B1, B2 and PP). It is rich in magnesium, among other things necessary for the proper functioning of the heart and conduction of nerve impulses.
Broccoli also contains selenium, which allows to avoid prostate cancer, and sulforaphane, which fights off bacteria responsible for ulcers and gastric cancer. Moreover, is beneficial for the eyes, because neutralizes the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
This vegetable has also therapeutic properties in case of anemia (it concerns especially children and pregnant women).
Broccoli is both low in calories and high – fibre.  Because of this is recommended especially for those who are on a diet.

So, let’s do something good for your health! I’m sure your body wants it ;).

Prepare:

- broccoli
- 2 cups of consommé
- 4 medium dices peeled potatoes
- red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- creamy melted cheese
- Cream 18%
- toast

1) Fry the onion in a little olive oil. Then add the chopped garlic.

2) Add a bit of water, then the broccoli florets and potatoes.

3) Pour all with consommé.

4) Then add the melted cheese and cook all together until tender vegetables.

5) When the vegetables are soft, mix soup with blender.

6)  When the cream is ready, pour it on plates. Next decorate it with sour cream. Add your favorite toast.



Voilà! I hope you’ll like it!



Enjoy your meal
J

2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy! I have never added any cheese to my broccoli soup before. What you mean is probably spread cheese, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I meant spread cheese :) my bad ;)!

    ReplyDelete